Nobody likes to drink alone...

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Re: Nobody likes to drink alone...

Post by Mr. T »

Are you * though? It takes a whole 'nother level of alcohol consumption to get *...
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

i remember going to belgium and asking my cousin what Flemish was, and when she explained it she tried ever so hard not to mention the word "Dutch". So I told her that it sounds like she just speaks dutch, and she got really offended. She told me that telling a Belgian that they speak dutch is like telling a Canadian person that they speak American. I guess I can kinda see her point, but I spent a month in Belgium and when I went to Amsterdam I heard virtually no difference, except Flemish has a more french fluidity to it. I attribute that to Belgium being bilingual though.
That's a bad comparison. Actually, telling a Belgian they speak Dutch is more like telling a Canadian that they speak English. Both of which are true.
My sister's fiance is from Holland, so I know a dutch accent when I hear it, but are there actually different regional dialects in such a small country FF?
Hah, you have no idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_dialects

We have lots of dialects, and for very dialect, there are also a bunch of sub-dialects. And I would say that even our sub-dialects have sub-dialects of their own, although that may be more prevalent where I live than in other regions.

Here it's like every town has its own way of speaking.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

Just drinking, being emo. ;)
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

FF... wrote:
i remember going to belgium and asking my cousin what Flemish was, and when she explained it she tried ever so hard not to mention the word "Dutch". So I told her that it sounds like she just speaks dutch, and she got really offended. She told me that telling a Belgian that they speak dutch is like telling a Canadian person that they speak American. I guess I can kinda see her point, but I spent a month in Belgium and when I went to Amsterdam I heard virtually no difference, except Flemish has a more french fluidity to it. I attribute that to Belgium being bilingual though.
That's a bad comparison. Actually, telling a Belgian they speak Dutch is more like telling a Canadian that they speak English. Both of which are true.
lol that is exactly what i told her, and she didn't like that too much haha.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Belgians are just a sad bunch of people that never bothered to create their own language.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Drunk rght ow. Fell asleep on a bus. Fat charugfeer woke me up. Real story.

Bartendster had realkly big ones
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

ah yes...drunk posting.....makes me want to take advantage of you....with a broomstick
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

i love drunk
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Drunk right now. Fell asleep on a bus. Fat Chauffeur woke me up. Real story.

The bartendster had really big ones.

Also, the fact that she had like 5 of her top buttons open helped. And the fat chauffeur actually was to lazy to get out of his seat, so he just kept shouting at me and honking the horn.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

that story should be made into a movie.