We need a theme.

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Alpha
Post Monser

Re: We need a theme.

Post by Alpha »

SuperV has a point, especially if we're gonna try and appeal to new members.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

That was actually a very good idea. Now we need to find something to do and get our lazy (and otherwise occupied) collective asses to work...
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

My basic approach to a forum like this would be to improve the quality of the existing member's experience, and thus create a more appealing site for new members. If you try to create a site based solely on attracting new members, it could end up coming off as shallow and gimmicky. Whereas if you target the existing/former members, you exclude new members, and just run on fumes of past lives. The trick is attempting to create an experience that stays true to the memories of the past, But also invites new experiences and members to contribute.

The problem we face is that fact we're not living in 2004 anymore. Facebook and cell phones have taken a huge attraction away from forums. I think that forums still have an advantage to Both of those mediums, but it has to be proven to people.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

I present you with the paradox....we from EGO are perfect, thus unable not be perfect, but if there is something we cannot do , then how can we be perfect?
There are 2 flaws in your logic.

1) it assumes there's something we cannot do. I say we can do everything we set our collective balls to.

2) It assumes a perfect person, such as we are, should be able to perform any action perfectly, whereas I would argue that we should only be able to perform worthy actions perfectly. Which we do. To clarify, we be good at the sex.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

FF!!! wrote:
I present you with the paradox....we from EGO are perfect, thus unable not be perfect, but if there is something we cannot do , then how can we be perfect?
There are 2 flaws in your logic.

1) it assumes there's something we cannot do. I say we can do everything we set our collective balls to.

2) It assumes a perfect person, such as we are, should be able to perform any action perfectly, whereas I would argue that we should only be able to perform worthy actions perfectly. Which we do. To clarify, we be good at the sex.
Word!
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

V's on the right track. I like the idea of a video game. *, I used to play this overhead DBZ-based rpg that was completely done in text. The graphics were text, asterisks, colored dots and lines, etc. to represent terrains and space and *. You chose your character, species, etc, then went from planet to planet fighting *. I can't imagine it was that hard to make, i played it on mIRC. It's a jumping off point anyways.

That, or Baka shirts with * on them.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
SuperV
Dead Flower

Post by SuperV »

There's a program called RPGMaker, that I have the full version of the XP version on another computer. It's pretty simple to use, once you figure out the action process dribble. I don't have a terrible amount of experience using it, but it looked fairly manageable. The same people apparently also have an action-type game maker (think Link to the Past), but I haven't looked into it.

A friend of mine also created a WebShow with some of his friends, but that would be extremely difficult to do since people live so far apart. There could be some kind of Voice-acting type deal, but that's another beast entirely. Or we could just write columns on whatever the heck we know about that's mildly appropriate to be posting on the internet.

As far as Forum-based stuff goes, we could do more RPG type stuff. Perhaps Anime based, or even One-shot things. Like a faux forum invasion, zombie apocalypse, or just a tournament.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

I like zombies...
SuperV
Dead Flower

Post by SuperV »

Zombies are the biggest joke of apocalypse options.

Granted, yes, the initial outbreak will be horrible, but if you can make it a few weeks into it you've survived the worst of it. Just wait until winter when it freezes them, and chop their heads off. Worst case scenario, you have to wait about 5 years until their flesh decomposes to the point only the late-bloomers are even mobile, and then rebuild society.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

5 years? Insects will have devoured them wayyyy before that.