Am I the only one who comes here every day?

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Re: Am I the only one who comes here every day?

Post by Amanroth »

I still enjoy anime to the same extent I did when I was younger. I liked watching it but I was never swept up in the culture so much. Most of the anime I got into I heard about from you guys. When I came here it was because I loved dragonball. I loved getting in arguments over power levels and filler or incorrect translations. What really kept me around was the RPG and the friends I made here. The RPG allowed me an outlet to write creatively, which is something I still try to do to this day, improving when I can.

To this day I rarely watch any anime, but I can't say I watch a lot of tv or movies at all. I've been playing a bit of stick of truth and Diablo 3 lately but I rarely find time for video games anymore. It's been about music for me for the last several years and now I'm finally seeing some real success from that. Kiri is right, people's lives changed and the things that originally brought us together have faded in many. The forum itself is a bit of a novelty now, a memory revisited. An appearance by Algernon is proof by itself haha.

I love that we still have the ability to be in contact nowadays though. If this forum didn't exist, I'm sure I still have at least 20 of you on Facebook. Sorry I haven't checked back here in so long. As much as I love watching baka and FF banter back and forth, I have things to do :P
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Crunchyroll's move to being legit has really spoiled me. I'm happy to be able to support a legit paid stream service after so many years coasting on fansubs, and CR makes it really easy for me to keep up with current series. I don't have a TV and stream services for live action broadcasts are all over the place, so I keep to my anime for the most part. And I mean, I'm working 15 conventions this year. It's good to keep current.
they/them
Contrabandit
Budding User

Post by Contrabandit »

I'm one of the ones who quit watching anime, but for some reason, a few months ago I got a major urge to just start watching a bunch of different ones, but I don't think any of the ones I picked were able to hold my attention for longer than 4 or 5 episodes. I DO intend to go back to Serial Experiments Lain and Steins Gate because they had potential. I just have trouble getting past the slow introductory episodes; I want the meat of it right away!
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

I wouldn't say <i>every</i> day...
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

*, how do you do italicizing on these boards?
The009
Site Admin

Post by The009 »

FF... wrote:*, how do you do italicizing on these boards?
If you want to bbc code for the You can use the full editor, And there is a click button for it or you can always look up the basic bbc codes online.

You but italics are [ i ] and [ / i ]
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

Funny. HTML has replaced php in our brains. [] vs <> ....FIGHT!!
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

I come every 6 to 8 years kinda like a....*insert terribly offensive comparison here*
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Actually the forum has this nice feature which tells you what a bad baka you've been...

Last visit was: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:34 pm

It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:24 am

Odd, my last visit was right a day before my birthday
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

It's genuinely tough now, isn't it?

For one, not many of us stay in contact. The ones we are still in touch with are generally the ones we *wanted* to be in touch with, save for a few people we just lost along the way that we wish were here.

Second, it's not really the same. Keeping in mind that this iteration of the forum started 8 whole years ago, when all of us had been apart for the better part of a decade. It's weird... it's almost like a ghost town in some ways, and almost like a party where nobody wants to leave in others.

Lastly, and probably honestly at this point the most important hurdle for me being active and regular, is the fact that all my socials and news feeds and * nowadays give me notifications when someone replies, when someone posts something new... The forum index almost seems a little archaic in a way, in that I have to physically come log in to see if Baka replied to me. On reddit I just get a push. Back in the day I'd literally sit on this forum for hours on end on dialup, waiting to spam my next spam as soon as someone made a comment. As an adult I wish I could say I had that kind of time, and if I did I wish I could say I would spend it on more productive things.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.