Good lord the nostalgia

Are you new around here? Want people to eat your liver? Well hi there! Please introduce yourself to us all, we promise not to hurt you!! Well at least I do.
Contrabandit
Budding User

Good lord the nostalgia

Post by Contrabandit »

Even though this is probably akin to shouting in a graveyard, I thought I'd give it a shot and make a post on here, seeing as some of you actually used the forum THIS YEAR. I couldn't help myself after the waves of nostalgia rolled over me as I perused the stuff in the chit chat/yak area.

Dunno if I made an impact on many of you, but I joined the Dbzgt Legacy page in December 2001 as MysticGohan (people started calling me MG) right around my 12th birthday, hahaha! Once the switch was made over to forumlegacy, I changed to Contrabandit and, lo and behold, I show up as the second post on this archived page, making a dumb comment of course: http://web.archive.org/web/200408092319 ... 276f1fa1dc

Honestly, I really don't remember anything I posted (probably repressed a lot of it), but I know I was an annoying little kid who spammed endlessly until I was informed I actually had to say worthwhile stuff, but in the beginning I was just concerned with post count and catching up with everyone who had been on the forum longer. Ahhh sigh... my hopeless adolescent brain was so consumed with big numbers that I actually had to be schooled on what a forum was about. What I do remember was the talent of so many users, namely Kiriska, who made me at least a couple avatar/sig combinations after I pestered her enough, and also the music videos. Dalton used to talk to me on MSN and show me clips of the vids he was putting together, and I had no knowledge of the software, plus I was very young and naive so I thought he was just the absolute madman for being able to do it at all. Also, Puntuatedus Anus made me laugh all the time, and I also admired the crap out of Idz, Link, FF, Baka, and some others I don't remember. Great people.

I really loved this community. I was such an introvert back then (still am, probably worse) so it was great to have cool people to be friends with online who had similar interests. You guys really made my middle school years less painful. Thank you.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Re: Good lord the nostalgia

Post by Kiriska »

Hi ho!

I am super amused by the number people who've rolled in here years later because they typed in the URL or searched for random forumers or something. Honestly I don't remember much of what I ever posted about in the forums either. Idle chit chat probably? Like even though there were topics to discuss, I'm pretty sure at least a majority of them went off-topic within five pages. I remember a lot better conversations I had with people on AIM or MSN or whatever, or I guess in the RPG forums, but most of the general forum stuff I don't remember really at all, ha.
they/them
Contrabandit
Budding User

Post by Contrabandit »

Haha I know, I didn't think that I would have forgotten so many things about my past by the time I reached my late 20s, especially considering I loved the Legacy board so much. Memories now are kinda like dreams insofar as I mainly recall general impressions instead of solid information.
Dritz
Flowering User

Post by Dritz »

Contra! Good to see you (even though this is like five months later)!
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

I remember everything from the old days.Mostly, that you all adored me so much. Kinda embarrassing really.

Also, Contra, I didn't appreciate the pun in your name until just now, so thanks for popping in. It tends to be pretty quiet around here unless people get drunk or something (guilty).
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Or sleepless.

Welcome back from THE FUTURE!!!
Glad to hear the forums helped. I guess they helped me as well(to realise that I will always love a dutch manboy)
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Sometimes shouting in a graveyard can be quite useful. I'm imagining a scenario where one has lost a blind child during the day time. Welcome back to the party.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

not so much a graveyard, feels more like dogs * in a really remote area and after a long while another dog passes by and sniffs the old message.

I really don't know where I'm going with this
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

*sniff sniff*

*WHIZZ*

I think I know where you're going with this...
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

8 days later

*sniff sniff*

*whizz*

mmmmmmmm Canadian poodle