Am I the only one who comes here every day?

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
The009
Site Admin

Am I the only one who comes here every day?

Post by The009 »

It is so quiet around here is anyone alive?
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Re: Am I the only one who comes here every day?

Post by Kiriska »

I check like once a weekish, if I remember, but inactivity perpetuates inactivity, etc. If there's nothing to respond to, then no one posts, and if someone posts and no one responds, then well. P:
they/them
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

I'm with Kiri, I check about once a week. Mostly for the SnK thread.

However, summer is over and people may be back to their regularly scheduled lives. It's very quiet without the ego squad around too. It's also a problem I've noticed with aging communities. We all have jobs, and lives, and responibilities, and nostalgia only lasts so long before drama pops up and the forums turn into reality tv.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

yeah i check it out every week but nothing is ever going on :V

:violin:
The009
Site Admin

Post by The009 »

Well at least you check in :)
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Post by Trunks3DX »

I check in every once in a while, but I don't see much in the way of conversation. Apparently when I do, it's a conversation about how no one posts anything. :violin:
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

As I've said, we don't really seem to share the interests anymore that brought us together in the first place (anime). It's telling that the one [legitimate, serious] topic in the last several months has been about Attack on Titan, since that is one anime that's gotten a lot of people to rise from the dead and watch a new show.

I'm watching a lot of other shows at the moment, but I dunno if it'd be worth it to even bring them up since I can already guess that most of you probably aren't watching them and would have little interest in watching them?

Most of the people I know that used to watch a lot of anime no longer do so (you lot included), so I've found new 'anime friends' in other places (mostly Twitter) and spend my time there. Mehhh. I haven't changed much in ten years. It's just everyone else! D;
they/them
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

I think the issue is compounded by the fact it was DBZ and not anime in general. Teenagers everywhere loved that * and opened them to anime, but the mainstream stuff. So when Cartoon Network stopped airing the new stuff, Americans had to do more work to find good shows, and we were getting jobs and significant others and going off to college. This all meant we had to work for something people were losing interest in anyways.

As I started to get out of anime, I fell more into manga and Jrock (thanks in part to you Kiri), so I assume the same happened to most people in different directions.
zerosystem

Post by zerosystem »

Kiriska wrote:Most of the people I know that used to watch a lot of anime no longer do so (you lot included), so I've found new 'anime friends' in other places (mostly Twitter) and spend my time there. Mehhh. I haven't changed much in ten years. It's just everyone else! D;
I think the only new anime I've seen in the past year are Gundam Age (which I completed) and Sket Dance (I think I stopped around ep 26). Oh, and Gundam Unicorn. Actually, I don't think I keep up with any anime that isn't Gundam anymore.

Life keeps getting in the way.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

We had a decent selection of "mainstream" in the hey day honestly, but yeah, not everyone went from catching their favorite shows on TV to putting forth the effort to find them elseplace once the number of series being broadcast went way down. For my part, I was really * when [adultswim] shoved Gundam SEED in the 5am death slot mid-series, found fansubs, and spent the next several years coasting along with them in college until better stream services finally appeared.

Anyway, I'm not blaming anyone for falling out of the fandom, so to speak. Life happens and you place your priorities wherever you want. I'm just explaining why this forum's dead, lol. P: We don't have much in common anymore.
they/them