Show Posters

This section is for user generated art. Stuff made in paint, Photoshop or even hand drawings.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Show Posters

Post by Amanroth »

I can't attach large images of these posters, but I can attach the small weblinks I use for the facebook events. These are some of the posters I've had the pleasure of creating in the past year. There's many older ones that I can't find the weblink for, but I can always upload them to a free image host and put them up. There's nothing special about these, but it has given me the opportunity to hone certain skills in Photoshop. What do you think?

Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Re: Show Posters

Post by Amanroth »

Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Post by Mr. T »

I always thought your posters looked good, and the bands your getting are legit as *.

One day I will travel to the land of cows and redneck sheriffs, and get tankard at one of said events. Or metal-related box-socials if you will.
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Hahaha yeah you'd better come out. It'd be sweet if I can get tman to come down too, he only lives a few hours away from me. I don't know if he's much into metal though. The 3 Inches of Blood show this Thursday is gonna be sick. It's a big deal for us because we're in a city of only 90,000 people or so, and it's mostly rig pigs and rednecks.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Post by Trunks3DX »

I can't make a tremendous observation given the size and all, but I really like what you do with your black and white sets. With posters, a lot of people think that onlookers will always have a very clear, wide, and upfront view of things, but often this isn't the case. Obviously, that's the idea, given the necessarily busy amount of information on display with a concert piece, but having a thumbnail look as lively as a full-sized print says a lot about your eye for composition.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Yeah, I tried to upload the posters in a larger size, but the restrictions here wouldn't allow me to make them much bigger. As it stands, these are the ones used in the Facebook events. I just copied the image URLs directly from the uploaded Facebook images. I put a lot of work into most of these (admittedly some of them are thrown together due to time restraints). I always find it a challenge to get all the necessary information onto the poster in not only a visible, but also a concise way. Easier said than done with some of the crap we have to deal with.

Ideally, I prefer the black and white ones (the backgrounds are actually original spray paint stencil artwork) over the others. I'm not sure if it's because of the images themselves, or because of the large amount of blank space I can use. I think those ones tend to be the most eye-catching. You see the image first, and then realize "Hey, there's stuff on this picture worth reading!" With the darker images, and the ones with full artwork in the background, the information is usually more prominent and the image is just filler in behind.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »