WUT R U LISTENING 2 NAO?

General Music Chat
Idzokaythnx

Re: WUT R U LISTENING 2 NAO?

Post by Idzokaythnx »

I used to be so big into this thread back in the day.

I remember me and BTM would go on and on about how heavy our music was... Man I remember when top 5 was:

1. system of a down
2. KoRn
3. Mastodon
4. Opeth
5. Tool/APC

Now its:

1. Death Cab for Cutie
2. Coheed & Cambria
3. TV on the Radio
4. Cold War Kids
5. The Naked and Famous

(I still listen to the old top 5 though)

Woo, that's just scary looking at it. Like Kir said, thnx to lastfm, pandora, iheartradio, I listen to anything they tell me to :( like sheep...
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

We aren't people, we're sheeple...

haha I remember when I thought Mastodon and Opeth were t3h br00tals. All your old top 5 are pretty awesome though, with the exception of Korn. I can't really listen to them anymore, unless it's something from their first 4 albums and even then I have to be in the proper mindset and there has to be nothing else to listen to.

Idz, you like metalz, check out Anata. They're a Swedish tech-death band. I dunno if you'll like them, but I'm sure T will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIueKHJE1GM
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Post by Mr. T »

It's sortof funny how tastes evolve, I spent $65 on old jazz records earlier. Dave Brubeck Quartet, Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis... Still like technical death, death/black metal, but now jazz and electronica dominates my tastes. I still find the jazz aspects of metal interesting and probably what lead me to my current tastes, but now that there's less testosterone kicking around in the old body, seems less relevant unless really * off or drunk.

Ironic, as I am neither angry or intoxicated yet this is tickling my brain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0XA7wSuhI
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Dude jazz is amazing, there's nothing like a progressive all-over-the-place jazz ensemble. Another one that's worth checking out if you like jazz-driven metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkiY6BnSzIY

This is my friend's band from here in Red Deer, AB. They used to be called Awkward Silence, but now they have no name (they're working on new material at the moment). The song however, is called One Mutilation Under God, and is a very jazz-driven prog metal smorgasbord of awesomeness. The video isn't the greatest quality, but I insist you listen to the entire thing. The lyrics (although impossible to understand) are about dogs who are sent to war and come back with shellshock and are then put to death. Pretty powerful if you ask me.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
tman
Budding User

Post by tman »

Bad Boyz - Hyper Crush
"The preponderance of man is failing, join me in this bleak dissolving of our kind."

@tristanfortrust
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Post by Mr. T »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fT42kJY90

Brings back memories of getting high very early on, listening to sludge/grind.
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

haha some good ol' Soilent Green... IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!!!
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Post by Mr. T »

I'm into the uber-hardcore 90's * again, check this * out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7yckJBvYV4

That opening is just.... uunnnngghhh, such a heavy bass part, whatever it is.

Y'all don't know
SSJ5 Broleta

Post by SSJ5 Broleta »

Jawbreaker - "Bivouac"

Also, hello.

Also, Godflesh rules.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »