The Avengers

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Re: The Avengers

Post by Amanroth »

You actually paid money to see Spider-Man 2?

I liked Dr. Octopus as much as the next guy, but I'd probably much prefer to pay money to see Bruce Campbell stand still and say nothing.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

That I paid money to see Spider-Man 3 is the bigger travesty.

I enjoyed Spidey 2, even if they sank a miniature sun into the Hudson and called it some kind of solution to the problem.
they/them
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Spidey 3... well, besides everything. I'm very ashamed for all of mankind that the movie was even made. I mean Sam Raimi just got lazy... Let's make Venom smaller than Spider-man... Let's make Parker an emo. Well I don't wan to go off on a Dennis Miller rant so I'll cut myself off there.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Well, here's hoping reboot Spidey turns out okay. I'm mostly underwhelmed by the trailers, but I'll probably still see it in theatres. There's also hope Disney/Marvel and Sony can come to some arrangement and get film Spidey to mesh with the rest of the MCU.
they/them
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

yeah i'd be excited if they could tie it in with the avengers. maybe he'll have a cameo in the sequel if we're lucky.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Apparently the Oscorp building was supposed to be part of the NY skyline in the Avengers, but they didn't have a chance to rerender it after finally getting Sony's approval. I've also heard there was suppose to be a shot of a university and a Peter Parker cameo, but who knows~.
they/them
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man reboot is so he can be in the next Avengers movie. Also Spidey 2>Spidey 3
I've heard that Raimi didn't have control over the third film so Sony is mostly to blame for Sandman and emo shenanigans.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

God, venom in S3 makes me want to kill something.
EnigmaticManiac
Flowering User

Post by EnigmaticManiac »

Sandman was the director's idea, the producers wanted closer to the goblin storyline, the fans wanted Venom. After X-Men 3 (another * disgrace of a movie), you would have thought they would have learned their lesson about putting too many big names on the screen. Clearly it worked for Avengers, but that is more a testament to Joss Whedon's crazy ability to write well-developed and balanced characters. Spiderman 3 was just being pulled in too many directions at once with no thought of balance or character. Also, emo spiderman. Alpha, you can kill him.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

The Avengers' huge cast also worked because, you know, four of them and the villain already had their own movies to develop in (I still think it's amazing that Marvel had the patience and willingness to take risks to do that), so it wasn't like we had everyone's origin story mashed together in two hours. But yes, Whedon's awesome ability write characters was definitely what held it together.
they/them