The Avengers

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

The Avengers

Post by Kiriska »

So the Avengers movie was pretty awesome, yeah? :>
they/them
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Re: The Avengers

Post by FF... »

Oooh, I want to see it. I'm always too busy though :(
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

* I wanted to see it, but the girl I'm dating wanted to watch that "hunger games" *.

What a farce, $20 for a * movie.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Alpha wrote:* I wanted to see it, but the girl I'm dating wanted to watch that "hunger games" *.
Tell your girl: the Avengers is full of sexy hot men. And shots of their butts. Being sexy.

No, seriously, how do guys not realize how homoerotic their superheroes are? This movie is just full of hot dudes in tight uniforms beating the * out of each other (and sometimes aliens) while having the most fantastic banter. It is wonderful.

To be fair, Black Widow is pretty sexy too, so there's that.

How to break box office records: put all these sexy people in a movie together. The Hunger Games can't top that.

HAVE I MENTIONED HOW ATTRACTIVE THEY ARE?
they/them
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

I get that you consider them attractive, and I just want to say that after having looked in the mirror as often as I have I am not very easily impressed anymore.

We don't notice because we look at stuff with the male gaze.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

FF... wrote:We don't notice because we look at stuff with the male gaze.
What other possible reasoning could there be behind putting all these people in spandex and tights? It's hardly utilitarian.

Incidentally, American football is a stupidly homoerotic sport, and I have * dudes' testimonies to back that one.
they/them
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

i still haven't watched it, but i hope to on the weekend. I actually thought Captain America was done well, and Thor was done as well as it could have been for a hollywood adaptation. I kinda wish that Edward Norton was reprising his version of Hulk, but I heard Mark Ruffalo is really good.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I also think Captain America was pretty well done. Thor was entertaining, but not very structurally sound, in my opinion. Thor and Loki both have glaring inconsistencies as characters that annoy me a lot (and Loki's carry over tenfold to the Avengers, but this doesn't really matter much). I haven't seen Hulk yet but will by the end of the month probably. Ruffalo was fantastic though. Really, all of the actors for all the characters are fantastic in the Avengers. They were all very well-casted. And Joss Whedon writes the best banter.
they/them
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

WalkingAbomination wrote: I kinda wish that Edward Norton was reprising his version of Hulk, but I heard Mark Ruffalo is really good.
I liked Norton in The Incredible Hulk, but they should have known better since he refuses to do sequels for movies. But Ruffalo did an excellent job.

Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I'm watching it at least a second time in theatres, if not a third, but it'll have to be after I get all this crap done for two upcoming conventions. On the bright side, some of it is related.
they/them