I hate you

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Re: I hate you

Post by FF... »

Yeah... because that's mostly what I remember legacy being...
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

That's because it was just you and baka in the end :P I pity any newbs that come and decide to leave after seeing 20 topics in a row with nothing more than back and forth flirting and chest-beating between you and mr. Bucin

That being said, I am finding it next to impossible to find things to reply to, when I have to search back 3 or 4 pages on every topic to figure out what the last coherent comment was before it descended into anarchy and chaos. At that point there's really no reason for me to post, because every topic is becoming the same, you guys talking about milking each other and how sexy you are :D
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Actually the milking has moved into the BS section, here we're trying to stay on topic. I'm really curious how the younger generation feels towards forums. Only forums that I regularly visit nowadays is a Romanian motorcycling forum.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

I was partially kidding, Baka, don't get upset. It is somewhat frustrating to go to a topic with a somewhat intriguing name, only to find that you can't make any sense of the final page of the conversation. I personally don't have enough free time to engage fully in a thread conversation, so I always have to double back and try to pick up where I left off, or at least where the last legitimate comment took place. I'm glad we have the BS forum now because it might actually help with all of our collective spamming and insubordination desires.

I think the younger generation probably doesn't know what the term 'message board' means. They probably think it involved a happy ending. If they can't do it from their iPhones then it's lost on them. We could always do a message board about horses... Old people love message boards about horses.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Like I already said , I returned to these forums in search of something special that was almost 10 years ago. With a full-time job, fiancee, dog, riding my motorcycle I really don't feel like posting * novels in every post I make. I enjoy just having fun and posting like back in the day. I realize my attention span has been drastically shortened by things like Facebook and all the time-wasters that you find online like 9gag but that's the thing I want out of this forum: to have fun with old friends. Even though I admit the back and fourth with FF did tend to go in a sexual chest pounding direction, it's also fun to post "organically" . I realize that thread topics are important but with a limited number of forum members you will only get so much out of a thread. It's like starting a thread called "whats your favorite color" and for 20 members you will get 30-40 replies (that with eventual discussion of the merits of each color). But i think if you find another interesting topic in a thread ,it's not a crime to change to that and continue in that direction.

PS:Narf!
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Well no, obviously the evolution of a topic will take it wherever it needs to go, and the members will mold and shape that progression. If you start a topic about favorite colors, you can only go so far, but then when people start discussing the merits of each color and why they like that color the best, the conversation has already begun taking flight and it will develop a mind of its own in a sense. We can only do our best to steer it. It could end up a conversation about the actual chemical makeup of each color and how scientists may try to utilize this, or it could end up about how marketers in business try to use certain colors and blends of colors to advocate specific feelings in their audience, etc. etc. It just shouldn't end up as, and keep in mind this is just an example, alpha saying "I like white cuz my * in white", to which ff may say "my * is black... go EGO!" as so many of the threads tend to do.

Don't take offense, because that is just a crude example, and we're all guilty of it at some point or another. If it's fun, awesome, but sometimes you just want to open a thread and find some relevance in what's being discussed. Even is the sex talk and innuendos are somehow related to the conversation, I consider that a win.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Only issue I'm having lately (after the warning from 009) is that due to my extremely lazy nature halfassed posts just come natural and I'm actually refraining from posting in some threads because I can't be bothered to post something really pertinent. I understand your line of reasoning and I agree with it. I don't want to be the one to bury the forum in spam but on the other hand trying only to post really intelligent and well formulated posts can get boring real fast. And since this is almost 10 years later since the first Legacy, most of us have jobs and pretty busy lives. I for one don't feel like writing essays as a way to unwind during work or late at night before going to bed. Now for example I'm in the mood for writing my thoughts more elaborate. Tomorrow a very round number of * might be given by me.
And at some point it was implied that we posted for the post count, hah , we posted like halfrabbid retarded badgers because it was fun and it was a way to unwind.

I'd actually move most of the threads in Chit Chat to BS.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

And at some point it was implied that we posted for the post count, hah
Yeah... "oh how fun it is to have a lot of posts" :p Like I could give half a *. Get rid of post count altogether for all I care. It only serves as a reminder of how much time I have wasted.
That's because it was just you and baka in the end
That's not true. baka left before I did. I remember it with great pain and sorrow.

And in my memory, threads never stayed on topic for a very long time in the past. They always evolved pretty quickly and often ended up in random nonsense. I mean we weren't talking about all the people we would most like to meet for 200+ pages.

This effect may just have been more apparent right now, because the two of us were the ONLY ones posting.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

I really don't remember when and why I left old Legacy. Did it go on for long afterwards? Maybe the forums crashed and I thought they were dead or I went to University. Dammit why can't I remember?
And I agree about the post count, get rid of it for all I care. We may be acting childish but we don't need the number of posts to tell us how great we are.