We need a theme.

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
The009
Site Admin

Re: We need a theme.

Post by The009 »

Zombie insects?
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Alpha wrote:5 years? Insects will have devoured them wayyyy before that.
all animals avoid infected zombie flesh...that's why you don't get it from mosquito bites
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

I always assumed it was some sort of virus that attacked the nervous system once the body shut down. Or destroyed the nervous system if introduced to the body when active (Biting).

Also, it affects human because of the amount of cerebral cortex we have, and it is able to reboot only the most basic, animalistic parts of the brain.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Yes , The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z are really cool books on the subject.
Brooks goes with the virus theory as well
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

They ain't real, you know?
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

what, books?
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

I'm pretty sure books are real. There's like... the Bible and stuff... *, anything with words over the course of many pages might even be considered a book. Or a magazine.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Speaking of which, how do you guys feel towards e-books?
Me personally love them,so much easier to find the books I want in English.
Also I love my Kindle and most of the time I use the Kindle app on my HTC.
The feel of a real books is still a wonderful experience but the practicality of eBook readers is so obvious.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

You guys have an HTC brand over there? We have them here, but they're smartphones. Those are phones that have touch screens and can go on the internet. Does Romanian HTC stand for High Tech Calculamatron?

Also, I've been meaning to ask Baka, do you guys get Miami Vice out there yet?

To answer your question though, I can see e-books being a great way to have books on the go. Nobody wants to lug around 3 or 4 books in their carry-on luggage on a bus or plane. I haven't actually tried any e-books though, and I have a feeling I'd find it just as frustrating as trying to read my computer screen. I think it'd be great at first but would result in a massive headache.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Actually no,using a Kindle or whatever kind of E-book reader is really ok. With the eInk technology it looks just like a book ( the screen doesn't have back-light, so you still need to read during the day or attach a small led lamp) . But compared to PC or notebook screens there is no glare and you can read on a sunny day outside without any issues.

Yeah we have HTC over here, I for one have a HTC Desire HD. Thinking of getting the new Samsung Galaxy S III when it appears. The One X from HTC, can't say that I'm too impressed by it.